Contract & Handbook
The resident contract and handbook provides you with all the essential information you need to know about St. John’s College. It contains important information about the responsibilities and rights of those living in the residence community
You can access and download a copy here:
You can access and download a copy here: SJC Resident Handbook 2021
You can access the SJC Resident Event Calendar here: https://stjohns.ubc.ca/resident-calendar/
Helpful Information & Forms
Please watch the COVID Etiquette Video produced by our residents.
- COVID-19 Community Protocols, including quarantining at St. John's College for new and current resident arriving into Canada. Quarantining (Self-Isolation) at St. John's College
- Watch this short video clip and explore this photo album to see what your room will look like. SJC Information Session
- Please review this list of items we recommend you bring to campus.
- Become familiar with the map of the College. A map of the UBC Vancouver campus and wayfinding instructions are available here.
- Go through the SJC info kit for key information and resources you will need.
- Check your email to find out who your "buddy at St. John's College" is. This person will help you move in and transition to College life. If you have any further questions, please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Checking In: SJC new residents check-in at the front desk of the St. John's College during regular office hours (9 am to 4 pm) and if arrival is outside of office hours, please check-in at the Marine Drive Residence, which is next door to the College at 2205 Lower Mall. The front desk is located in the Commons block (Building 3) in the middle of the complex and is staffed 24/7. Wayfinding instructions are available here. At the Marine Drive front desk you will pick up your keys, arrival package, and sign any required documents.
Meal Credit Voucher Application: A resident can apply for a credit voucher if they cannot attend a meal. Voucher applications must be submitted by 12 pm on the business day before the day of your missed meal.
Meal Membership Only Application Form: A resident who will be temporarily residing away from the College for two consecutive weeks or more in a calendar month may request the option of paying only a Dining Society Membership fee for that month.
The College has three digital signage TVs:
- Dining Hall – generally content just for resident
- Alumni Hall – guest information + resident information
- Social Lounge – campus content, guest information
Powerpoint is the easiest way to submit content. Make sure your slide are setup for wide screen: DESIGN/PAGE SETUP/16:9, and that content is at least .5 ” away from the edge of the slide. If you need help getting started, please contact email@example.com.
To submit your digital signage request, please click here to fill out the form.
Please fill out the applicable form on the SJC COVID19 Info page if you will be travelling internationally and quarantining at the College upon your return.
Please fill out the applicable form on the SJC COVID19 Info page if you have been advised to self-isolate or are experiencing symptoms and need support.
Academic Leave requests should be submitted 2 months in advance of the leave to ensure you are eligible to pay the meal maintenance fee only. Leave request will also need a *letter/email from your research supervisor or program coordinator that supports your academic leave.
*This is a modified requirement for 2021 in recognition of the challenges of the pandemic; the normal requirement is a clear and formal outline of the academic and research to be undertaken and the necessity of the leave to your work and academics.
- Academic Leaves are reviewed by the Principal and are a first-come, first served basis.
- You will be required to move out of your room and move out all of your belongings. Move-out procedure applies.
Residence Appeal Form: A resident whose actions are found to be in violation of College policies and who is assigned a sanction by the Principal may appeal this decision to the Appeal Officer.
Please note this does not include questions and decisions regarding the St. John's College residence contract, rates and payment. For questions regarding these, contact:
Student Housing and Hospitality Services
Main Office, 2205 Lower Mall
Marine Drive Building 6
Vancouver , BC V6T 1Z4
- Please fill up the following form, for the mail redirection and to give us your input to improve the experience of living at St. John’s College: https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1EXABhhkcwYOUnz
- Please refer to the following link for the cleaning checklist of your room and where to return your keys:
Moving Out Checklist