Residential members are adjudicated on a membership rubric and membership policies are guided by the Membership Committee on the basis of international knowledge, experience and/or background; a demonstrated record of community leadership and volunteer activities; and potential for contributing to and benefiting from College life. The academic life of the College is central to its mandate. Junior Fellows must have a keen intellectual curiosity which extends beyond their own academic discipline in order to fully enjoy and benefit from active participation in the College’s wide-ranging academic activities.
- Full-time Masters or PhD students, priority will be given to students with plans to stay 1+ year.
- Students enrolled in professional programs that require a prior undergraduate degree, i.e., Medical School, Dentistry. Certificate programs are not eligible for residency.
- Visiting graduate students who are enrolled in an MA or PhD program somewhere else and have a formal relationship with UBC for a period of at least 2 months.
- Visiting Scholars who will have a formal relationship with a UBC department for research for at least 2 months.
- Post-doctoral fellows at UBC staying at least 2 months.