Cross-campus UBC Staff Networking Initiative
We know that many of us here at UBC recognize the challenge in creating meaningful conversations and connections between staff from different units, and that our own personal networks play a key role in sustaining and supporting us in our UBC roles.What if we could share those networks with each other in a way that could foster better linkages and community among colleagues from across the institution, and across bargaining units and staff associations as well? If we could create innovative ways to build relationships, and nurture those networks, could we foster a more inclusive and productive working environment at UBC?
Our thought: absolutely yes, and so “Hot Lunch” was born. Let’s meet over lunch with a group of our colleagues from across the University, and share thoughts and conversations about how we might work toward the goal of establishing richer and more meaningful networks across the institution.
Upcoming 2019 – 2020 Speakers
Hot Lunch with Mr. Kavie Toor, UBC Board of Governors Staff Representative
April 29, 2020 from 11:30am to 1:00pm
Hot Lunch with Ms. Rae Ann Aldridge, Executive Director, Safety and Risk Services
May 27, 2020 from 11:30am to 1:00pm
- Hot Lunch with Professor Santa Ono, President and Vice-Chancellor
Menu: "Taste of Tuscany" Buffet
The lottery has now closed.
- Hot lunch with Dr. Ainsley Carry, Vice-President, Students
Menu: "Get Curried Away" Buffet
- Hot lunch with Dr. Sheryl Lightfoot, Senior Advisor to the President on Indigenous Affairs; Associate Professor, First Nations & Indigenous Studies and Political Science
Menu: Cozy Comfort Buffet
- Hot Lunch with Dr. Murali Chandrashekaran, Vice-Provost, International
Menu: "Light & Lively Lunar New Year Buffet"
- Hot Lunch with Dr. Minelle Mahtani, Senior Advisor to the Provost on Racialized Faculty
Menu: "Taste of Tuscany"
- Hot Lunch with Mr. Peter Smailes, VP Finance & Operations
Regretfully, Hot Lunch in March with Peter Smailes is postponed.