Contract & Handbook
The resident contract and handbook provides you with all the essential information you need to know about St. John’s College. It contains important information about the responsibilities and rights of those living in the residence community
You can access and download a copy here: 2020/21 St. John’s College Residence Contract
You can access and download a copy here: SJC Resident Handbook 2020
You can access the SJC Resident Event Calendar here: https://stjohns.ubc.ca/resident-calendar/
Forms & Procedures
- COVID-19 Protocols and Procedures, including quarantining at St. John's College for new and currently resident arriving into Canada.
- Watch this short video clip and explore this photo album to see what your room will look like.
- Please review this list of items we recommend you bring to campus.
- Become familiar with the map of the College. A map of the UBC Vancouver campus and wayfinding instructions are available here.
- Go through the SJC info kit for key information and resources you will need.
- Check your email to find out who your "buddy at St. John's College" is. This person will help you move in and transition to College life. If you have any further questions, please contact: email@example.comChecking In:
- SJC residents check-in at the front desk of the Marine Drive Residence, which is next door to the College at 2205 Lower Mall. The front desk is located in the Commons block (Building 3) in the middle of the complex and is staffed 24/7. Wayfinding instructions are available here. At the Marine Drive front desk you will pick up your keys, arrival package, and sign any required documents.
Meal Credit Voucher Application: A resident can apply for a credit voucher if they cannot attend a meal. Voucher applications must be submitted by 12 pm on the business day before the day of your missed meal.
Meal Membership Only Application Form: A resident who will be temporarily residing away from the College for two consecutive weeks or more in a calendar month may request the option of paying only a Dining Society Membership fee for that month.
Resident Event Booking Form: Three weeks prior to a proposed event (when possible and especially if catering is being requested), submit a summary of the event to the Event Manager for approval, firstname.lastname@example.org. Your event may need to be approved by the Principal, so the earlier the better!
Please include the following details:
- St. John’s College Resident Event Booking Form(refer to the Rate Sheet for equipment and room options)
- Purpose and benefit of the event
- Proposed budget
It is a significant expense to make catering arrangements (food + labour) and not all requests can be accommodated. You may be asked to come to office to discuss in more detail the needs of your event when catering is requested. Where possible, and when it is appropriate to the event, please consider purchasing snacks and setting them out at the event yourself. This would be an expense that would require prior approval and would be included in your event budget. If you need any assistance, please don’t hesitate to contact: email@example.com
The College has three digital signage TVs:
- Dining Hall – generally content just for resident
- Alumni Hall – guest information + resident information
- Social Lounge – campus content, guest information
Powerpoint is the easiest way to submit content. Make sure your slide are setup for wide screen: DESIGN/PAGE SETUP/16:9, and that content is at least .5 ” away from the edge of the slide. If you need help getting started, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
To submit your digital signage request, please click here to fill out the form.
Academic Leave and Residence Fee Relief Form: This application form must be accompanied by a letter from your research supervisor or program coordinator which clearly outlines the academic necessity of the leave.
Please refer to the guidelines outlined in this form, which are also in Appendix III of your SHHS-SJC Residence Contract.
Residence Appeal Form: A resident whose actions are found to be in violation of College policies and who is assigned a sanction by the Principal may appeal this decision to the Appeal Officer.
Please note this does not include questions and decisions regarding the St. John's College residence contract, rates and payment. For questions regarding these, contact:
Student Housing and Hospitality Services
Main Office, 2205 Lower Mall
Marine Drive Building 6
Vancouver , BC V6T 1Z4
- Please fill up the following form, for the mail redirection and to give us your input to improve the experience of living at St. John’s College: https://ubc.ca1.qualtrics.com/jfe/form/SV_1EXABhhkcwYOUnz
- Please refer to the following link for the cleaning checklist of your room and where to return your keys:
Moving Out Checklist