St. John’s College offers quiet, comfortable and well-appointed guest rooms to UBC’s academic visitors.
Services and facilities available to visitors include card-operated laundry, common kitchens, printing, e-mailing, and photocopying (nominal fees). Pay parking is available across the street in the West Parkade.
Guest Room Accommodation
Guest rooms are furnished with a double-sized or queen-sized bed, private washroom with shower, telephone, television, coffee maker, bar fridge and data port (free wireless internet).
Rates and Policies
*Effective July 2023
|Nightly Bed & Breakfast Rate|
|Room Type||Academic Season Rates
(Sept 1 – April 30)
|Summer Season Rates
(May 1 – August 31)
$176.28 tax included
$201.14 tax included
$202.27 tax included
$224.87 tax included
Guest rooms are equipped with air conditioning, coffee maker, microwave, bar fridge, dishes, flat screen TV with cable and ample storage room. WIFI is available in all guest rooms. Nightly rate includes breakfast served Mondays to Fridays from 7:30 am – 9:45 am, weekly linen change and access to laundry facilities. Breakfast tickets may be purchased on Sundays and Public Holidays 8:00 am to 10:30 am in the Dining Hall., weekly linen change and access to laundry facilities.
There is an option to purchase dinner tickets from our meal plan provider, SJC Culinary Service, and dinner tickets can be purchased in the Dining Hall for $25 (cash only) during dinner hours, 5:30 pm to 7:45 pm. Weekly & Dinner Menu
|Extended Stays – 30 nights+|
|Double||$2,850/month||Availability in summer may be limited|
|Queen||$3,150/month||Availability in summer may be limited|
|No room tax on stays over 30 nights.||*guest stays over 3 months duration is at the Principal’s discretion.|
Guest rooms are equipped with air conditioning, coffee maker, microwave, bar fridge, dishes, flat screen TV with cable and ample storage room. WIFI is available in all guest rooms. Rate includes weekly linen change, access to common rooms in the College such as laundry facilities and our Fairmont Social Lounge as well as our common kitchens to prepare meals. 30 nights + rate does not include breakfast.
There is an option to purchase breakfast and dinner tickets from our meal plan provider, SJC Culinary Service, and dinner tickets can be purchased in the Dining Hall for $25 (cash only) during dinner hours, 5:30 pm to 7:45 pm, as well as breakfast ticket for $8 for breakfast served Monday to Friday from 7:30 am to 9:45 am (Sundays and Public Holidays 8:00 am to 10:30 am). Guests may also enquire about purchasing a monthly meal plan to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Rates are subject to tax (5 % GST and 8% PHT =13%), unless payments are made via Work Day.
- There are not dining options available at the College on Saturdays.
- Our guest rooms are available to academic visitors to UBC in a hotel or guesthouse capacity.
- Room rates are for single occupancy, maximum 2 people per room, $20 charge for 2nd guest.
- We regret that the College cannot accommodate those under 19 years of age or pets.
- Cancellation Fee Policy
- *Rates and policies are subject to change.
- Check-in at the St. John’s College Front Desk from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm (early check-in if room is ready, otherwise 2:00 pm) and at the Marine Drive Front Desk from 4:00 pm to 10:30 pm. Check-in is not available from 10:30 pm to 7:00 pm.
- Please contact email@example.com for further details or information on our guest rooms.
- If you are an alumni of St. John’s College, please enquire about the alumni discount. Please note the discount can be used for a maximum of two weeks.